Hope you are all doing well. It’s been a while since I’ve penned down something. These days with winter setting in, we can see some clear changes in the environment around us. The days seem shorter and the nights seem longer. It is indeed a sight to behold different kinds of birds flying surprisingly rather low and in large numbers across the sky and watching them has become my latest hobby! 🙂 Let me share with you a few thoughts that come to mind when I think of them! I have categorized them into 6 Fs. Let us see them one by one!
- Flexible – The birds are flexible. They are not rigid in their flight. They change their patterns of flying according to the others in the flock. They are not stubborn or egoistical but are focused on their destination. We can learn from them how to be flexible especially when working in a team.
- Fun – Though their flight is headed towards a particular place, the birds do not forget to have fun on the way. They don’t forget to sing and there is a grace and speed when they fly. They are not bored or lazy but enjoy the flying. Similarly, we too should ensure that we have kept enough margin for hobbies, rest and relaxation in our To Do Lists. When we can make our work fun by innovation and using our creativity and whatever talents we may have, it is then that we will actually begin to enjoy our work.
- Fit – The bodies of birds are usually fit for flight. If they are overweight, they will be slowed down and will not be able to keep pace and fly in sync with the other birds. The same thing can be applied to us too. Being fit gives us the stamina and positive energy we require to fly high in life.
- Flocks – Birds usually fly in flocks. As the saying goes, “Birds of a feather flock together.” We too should surround ourselves with the kind of people who have a similar vision and passion for life as we do. There is strength in unity but we need to make sure to associate with the right kind of people as we can learn from others and attain success more quickly than if we tried alone.
- Fearless – The birds are fearless as they flap their wings and go higher and higher even against the wind. Their bodies are streamlined which enables them to fight against the air resistance by reducing friction so that the air will just glide past them without blocking it. Same thing applies to us. What seems to us as our weakness may actually become our biggest blessing if we overcome fear and do what we can.Sometimes we may even have to ‘do it afraid’ but small victories will help us gain confidence to do better the next time.
- Free – When thinking of a bird, the first phrase that comes to most of us is “as free as a bird!” That means we are completely free to do what we want without any worries. Most of the time we are not free because we are in the PAST or in the FUTURE. The antidote to this is to LIVE IN THE MOMENT- Present Tense! 🙂
Enjoy this lovely song called LIVING IN THE MOMENT by JASON MRAZ
Nugget of Life: “Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, Life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly”-Langston Hughes
Have a fun filled week!