This week I would like to share some life lessons we could learn from a Car-ride.
1) While riding, let the driver drive:- Sometimes while riding, it may appear to us that our car is closer to the other vehicles on the road than it actually is and though we may be tempted to express concern, we need to remember that the person actually behind the wheel knows best and just enjoy the ride without distracting them.
Similarly, in life many times we may think we know what another person is going through and try to tell them what to do but the truth is that many times we just need to trust them and let them know that we are there if they need us.
2) Make sure that the fuel tank is full:- Travelling doubtful about the fuel level can be stressful. In addition, there are chances of the car breaking down.
In life also we need to take proper intervals of rest and refueling (nutritionally & recreationally) in order to ensure smooth sailing and avoiding break downs!
3) Better safe than sorry:- We always need to abide by the traffic rules and regulations without over-speeding or cutting the queue while in traffic whether we are being watched or not.
In life too if we make it a habit to be a law abiding citizen whether someone is watching us or not, we will never need to fear being caught or punished.
4) Know where you are going:- A person who does not know where he is going is unsure about which road to take and often this can be a nuisance to others. It’s always better to plan ahead before turning the ignition key. This enables us to take the best route available.
The same thing applies to life; when we know our goals, it becomes easier to reach there.
5) When lost, it’s okay to ask for help: – Often on our way, we may get confused or miss a turning even though we thought we knew the way. In such cases, stopping and asking for directions is better than driving in circles.
In life too often even with all our plans and good intentions, we may lose our way, in such case, it is better to swallow our pride and ask for guidance by a person who has more experience in that area.
6) Look ahead:- If a person drives a car forward only looking in the rear-view mirror, he will soon meet with disaster. He needs to focus on what is before him only with an occasional glance at the rear view mirror.
In life also once we have dealt with the past, we need to move on without allowing our past to swallow up our future. Byrd Baggett has said: Look at life through the windshield not the rear view mirror.
Nugget of Life :“The reason why your windshield is larger than your rear view mirror is because where you’re going, is greater than where you’ve been. Go. ”- Kirk Franklin
Have a wonderful week.