A Pencil Maker took a pencil he made aside, just before putting him into the box. “There are 5 things you need to know,” he told the pencil, “Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.”
1) “You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone’s hand.”
2) “You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become a better pencil.”
3)”You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.”
4) “The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.”
5) “On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.”
The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.
Now let us replace the pencil with ourselves and apply the above life lessons to our lives.
One: We will be able to do many great things, but only if we allow ourselves to be held in God’s hand and allow other human beings to access us for the many gifts we possess.
Two: We will experience painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but we’ll need it to become a stronger person.
Three: We will be able to correct any mistakes we might make.
Four: The most important part of us will always be what’s on the inside.
Five: On every surface we walk through, we must leave our mark. No matter what the situation, we must continue to do our duties.
– (Author Unknown but greatly appreciated.)
Nugget of Life: “No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning.”- Barbara De Angelis
Have a special week!